Wednesday, March 4, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 31

What a non stop day! I went back to Sambino Som shop to see how the rest of the speakers were going and if my offer has been accepted... and yes I won so it is all done, Samuel Urias has already started to assemble the speakers! I can play around now with 36 speakers and see if I can utilise all of them. The space of my solo residence show will be in my studio space on the 16th of April and I will exhibit in combination with the solo gallery show of Ricardo - the artist that has won Largo das Artes residency and show this year.





Than I went back to my studio to prepare the sounds for Frado Monteiro coming later in the afternoon to try and experiment with my 10 speakers already prepared at Largo das Artes studio. At 3pm lunch break so the price is cheaper. I went to the usual spot suggested by Frederico Pellachin. The eating payment system has a story all of its own! At the entrance you receive a receipt than once filled the dish with food you have to weight the dish to calculate the price that will be sticked onto the paper. Than you eat and pay showing the receipt and in exchange you will receive a smaller piece of paper that you have to return to the same person standing at the door. 








Frado Monteiro arrived as arranged and he set up all the equipment to experiment with while I was arranging the light material for the sound waves to move inside of the shell speakers. I think Divino has been a very successful one because the incense scent plus the mix of herbs is perceived ever more under the effect of the sound vibrations. Then I tried with different seeds and colourful cake sugar. I decide to limit the choice to the range of natural herbs and seeds because they are closer to the Rio Amazon's forest look. It was so so exciting to watch how all this material was moving and reacting to the speakers' vibrations and see Frado's passion rise towards its limit!









3 comments:

  1. great to see that you have a nice patience man to help with the technical works wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea of herbs and seeds looks interesting
    and for them to spill onto the ground and walked on would seem ok as it would spread the aroma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Frado is so professional, calm and passioned nature! Do you have any suggestions regarding which spices to use?

    ReplyDelete