Monday, March 16, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 43

On Monday I felt full of energy thinking to have one more week in front of me to produce more sounds and gathering more information for the acoustic installation. I decided to ware one of my new African dress confident that it was going to be a great day. A selfy is not a bad thing to do for it!




I had this intuition that I needed to start to have all the sounds operating individually on my computer so I could arrange them like a DJ with his music board. So I did it and in this way I could give more information and instruction to Frado Monteiro about how to mix the sounds together. Cross fingers I hope did it work!


After 2 hours of intense focus and concentration Ricardo Castro suggested me to go out to have lunch to a new place called Vegecoop where we tried a different variety of vegetarian food. As usual we had to weight the meal and pay the bill after having done it and eat. The very kind Cristiana Almeida did this for me today (photo 4-5)!  







On the way back to Largo das Artes we stopped to see a very refined and traditional umbrella shop called Vesuvio where Glaucia made Ricardo Castro to try a very nice orange guarda-chuva. 








Frado Monteiro arrived on time as usual! We worked 2 hours on the sound and tomorrow we will see the first results. I will meet Felippe Moraes once more for Largolab and see if I made progress with the installation. As visual artist I like already the blue and red patters of the sound wave recorded on the screen.








On the way back home I and Ricardo Castro stopped to have a delicious 'empada' (polpetta) at Rotisseria Sirio Libaneza, it was a very nice culinary experience suggested by Consuelo Bassanesi.






No comments:

Post a Comment