Friday, March 13, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 40

Research takes time and this morning I stayed at home cataloguing each single herb, spice and seed I bought as test and observing their reaction to the vibrations inside of the woofers. There is something that bother me and it is to find the connection between the spices, vibrations and the acoustic installation. I also think why I make this particular herbs to vibrate... is it just for fun? or is for revealing invisible patterns and sound waves of the universe creating a relationship with the habitat we live in? I also discovered that the herbs, spice and seeds have a power that can be released for curing, calming and protection and often they are used for magic rituals here in Brazil.







Than I went to the public library A Biblioteca Parque Estadual (BPE) to see if I could find any other sources about Indio, Amazonia, Brazilian spices and herbs, videos, voices. The library is not only a font of knowledge but also has become a shelter for the street people, in fact plenty of them are going there for having a siesta or watching a movie!



Bruna Costa was the only person speaking in English so I asked her if I could use any computers to research material from the library. After a long procedure to obtain the permit and find some books Bruna couldn't find what I was looking for. She suggested she will do a research for me during the week and so once back I will have the books ready to look at.




I met students happy to pose for me and to ask where I was from and my name. The information desk was useful enough to direct me towards the right direction and giving the wifi password.






I arrived at Largo das Artes just in time for welcoming Frado Monteiro in my studio. We tested 4 different variations of pure sound vibrations he prepared for me and it was quite interesting watching the salt changing patterns under our eyes and to listen and observe to all the other seeds and herbs moving and jumping like an atom. Next steps we need to select the vibrations so to create an harmonic and various assemblage of rhythms and sounds from smooth to harsh.







No comments:

Post a Comment