Tuesday, March 3, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 30

My drive into completing the acoustic installation is getting stronger and stronger but there are some configuration changes happening at Largo das Artes' studio so I don't know yet where the  installation site specific will be allocated. Probably inside of my studio. The ceiling is very high around 6 meters so I need to plan an efficient hanging system for the floating speakers shell. At the same time I need to order the rest of the material so I returned to Sabino Som shop do some barato (commerce) in order to try to get a good price for the 24 speaker shells! Tomorrow I will know about the result of my offer!




Before leaving the dry ice to melt completely I wanted to observe the reaction of the ice with the water using neutral and some very tiny colourful glasses. I was very mesmerised by the smoke they create spreading down onto the floor like a fog into a swamp. The sound created by the ice while melting into bubbles is like a hot boiling source of spread water. I am even more convinced that the dry ice is similar to a fire carbonate effect. It was also Interesting trying different surfaces where to position the glasses into the floor, mirror, glass and metallic alluminium so to multiply the number of them using the reflection and the shadows when illuminated.











On my way back from lunch I popped into an alternative shop to see if I could find any particular spices or incense for the light material used for the acoustic installation. I will let it bouncing up and down inside of the shell speakers once the sound is passing through them. Nice packaging but I bought the Divino's one because it was scented as a real incense.







1 comment: