Sunday, March 29, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 56

Sunday was the last day I could visit museums because most of the galleries are closed and on Monday everything is closed! So I decided to see as much as possible. Starting from 'Terra Comunal' with Marina Abramovic + MAI at Sesc Pompeia. Knowing that Marina will come in Sydney I had a quick look including a beautiful small catalogue and everything was for free! 













I had the feeling that for experiencing the show to the max it is better to book for Marina Method and performances.  Marina has instructed 20 dancers and actors for this venue and every day she return to the place to share with them their experience with the audience. A long waiting time for it....





Then run to visit the language Museum de Lingua Portuguese just in front of the Pinacoteca. I arrived for a 30minutes cinema about poetry and languages, it was fun and relaxing a sort of 3D experience pondering on the meaning of the language compared to the dorsal spine of humanity.




The Pinacoteca was very good with a temporary show and the Art of Brazil one. I was so astonished to find out that Nicolau (Nicola Antonio) Facchinetti (photo 6) was coming from my own town in Italy (Treviso, Italia 1824 - Rio de Janeiro 1900) There were Academic artists in that period of time visiting Brazil asking to paint the landscape and other subjects in a kind of European style and representing a new identity of Brazil...and Nicolau stay In Rio until he died.







I also discovered one Brazilian painter from Sao Paulo Felipe Cohen that painted in 2009 in the same vein of Joe Wilson one of my friend at National Art School! 


I left for last the two best museums: Museum Art Modern (MAM) and Museum Art Contemporary (MAC). But first I decided to visit the Museum Afro Brazil as it was closing earlier at 5pm. All these 3 museums were at Parque Ibirapuera. The museum itself had a vast collection of religious and cultural African items, almost overwhelming because not following a clear logic and mixing together old and contemporary.  





















Museum Art Modern (MAM) was very interesting connecting art and dance. I could experience Ernesto Neto (photo 1,2 and 3) work called 'Copulonia' 1989/91 and Opapavira'  (photo 4) - where my friend Domingos Guimaraens is actively working -  with 'Espreguicadeira Multi', 2005.





I really liked two works in particular:  the Japanese Haruka Kojin with 'Reflectwo', 2008 and Mauricio Dias & Walter Riedweg with 'Do universo do baile', 2008. Haruka Kojin has pressed artificial flowers and glued on acrylic, the result is like to see a 3D painting painted with with layers and harmonic delicate colours. While Dias & Riedweg use of scales reminded my sponge artwork effect although with a different contest.










I ended my cultural tour with MAC with 8 floors of different shows and two for each floor so the total of 16 exhibitions!!!! Here some of them, photographers, printers, painters ...
























1 comment: