Wednesday, February 4, 2015

LARGO DAS ARTES: DAY 3

Today I had the meeting with the curator Fernanda Clopes. She gave me a lot of links and help in finding the right people and place where to film and record sounds during the Carnival that start in two weeks!

I find very interesting the Brasilian conceptual and contemporary artist CILDO MEIRALES who leaves in Rio and maybe I can visit him in his studio! I love BABEL tower made with lots of radios with different tunes, so when you are far away you hear a cacophony of sounds and when you get closer you start to distinguish each individual voice or music. I realised that most of the Brazilian artists have a deep political message to say because of their political challenging past.





Than back to the market researching materials and waiting to be served.... Here in Rio there is a strange way to process the payment... The staff help to choose the item, than you have to go to a particular person that write the receipt by hand for you than you go to the counter and finally pay and have back a printed receipt.




Andre' (wearing a blue T-shirt below) helped me to buy a purple elastic cord while Eudes  (red T-shirt) and Arlindo ( the man with the beard) to buy a plumb and to insert the elastic cord on it, just before the closing time! It is all in phase of experimentation. I invited them to the final installation that I will do around the 26 of January...but because I stay 3 months I have the choice to do it later differently from the other two artists that will leave at the end of the month. It depends on the development of the project...












1 comment: